Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Lucky 13th Anniversary
It is that time of year for the 13th edition of the "mix-tape" I make for Amber for our wedding anniversary. 13 songs for lucky 13!
1. Something to Die For by the Sounds: As most of you know, we love The Sounds. So a great song to start of the mix-tape.
2. Love Interruption by Jack White: Mr. White sings how he feels love should be. Apparently, he's been burned once or twice. Thankfully, Amber hasn't ditched me.
3. Under the Milky Way by the Church: Had to slip in an 80's new wave(ish) tune on the list. I know Amber loves this genre. Good song for night driving.
4. Good for Great by Matt & Kim: We are very excited for their new album coming out soon. We love to sing along. Good mood music.
5. If I Can't Have You (feat. Harvey Fuqua) by Etta James: I decided to include Etta again this year. She sings the best love songs even if this particular song is a bit silly.
6. Your Touch by the Black Keys: Love music from Ohio.
7. Under the Westway by Blur: Brand new song from the kings of Brit-pop. Makes me want to put my arms around Amber and watch the world slowly doom itself. Dystopian as usual, beautiful as always.
8. Amor Fati by Wasted Out: Pretty song. Very 80's-ish "The world's your goal to find". Amber doesn't like to me talk about setting goals, so I'm going the subliminal route with this.
9. Fljotavik by Sigur Ros: Gorgeous piano piece by our favorite band out of Iceland. I haven't a clue as to what the song is about. Don't need to, their music transports.
10. Kolnidur by Jonsi: Another Icelandic song by Sigur Ros frontman, Jonsi. Jonsi has been Amber's favorite for the last 2 years.
11. Midnight City by M83: Amazing song, amazing band, on heavy rotation at our house.
12. Stand by Me by Ben E. King: An oldie, but timeless goody. I heard this song a couple of weeks ago somewhere and knew I had to add it to this year's list. Try to resist singing along. You can't.
13. Crazy Thing Called Love by Queen: Love is crazy. Amber has put up with me for 13 years that's love and crazy at the same time.